Impress your interview candidates, teaching colleagues, business presenters, visiting artists and keynote speakers with an overnight stay at the beautiful Parks Alumni House.
Our professional staff will make your guest feel right at home at this historic mansion. The $95. rate includes continental breakfast and a pass to the YMCA right across the street. With our proximity to campus and downtown Cortland it is easy for you or your guest to stay with us.
Also consider hosting your events from holiday parties, dinners, speaking engagements, alternative classroom space, workshops, retreats, and meetings at our facility. We offer college departments’ at-cost pricing for the best venue and service in town.
When you have a need for a meeting or overnight lodging accommodations to have a visiting speaker, job candidate or special guest spend the night, call us to make the reservation.
College department rates for seminars, workshops and retreats
1 to 10 people
- 4 hours with coffee station- $85.00
- *4 hours and lunch space and coffee station- $125.00
- *Full day with lunch space and coffee station- $175.00
13 to 30 people
- 4 hours with coffee station- $100.00
- *4 hours and lunch space and coffee station- $150.00
- *Full day with lunch space and coffee station- $200.00
*Call for details about our approved caterers and we will get you the information to contact them so they can meet you dining and snack food needs. Coffee station includes regular and decaffeinated coffee. An assortment of herbal and regular teas with hot water. Sweeteners, cream and disposable cups.
College department rates for events
The following fees will be charged for events held at the facility that are being paid for by SUNY Cortland departments, clubs, social organizations or affinity groups. The fee is based on a 3-hour event time. Additional time is charged in hour increments of $50.00 an hour. Any additional services (china, glassware, coffee, silver linens, etc.) are charged at our normal rates.
- 50 or fewer guests- 3 hours- $125.00
- 51-100 guests- 3 hours- $200.00
- 101 – 150 guests- 3 hours- $275.00
- 151 – 200 guests- 3 hours- $400.00
- 200 – 250 guests- 3 hours- $475.00
For guest counts above 250 guests there will an additional charge of $1.50 per person added to the bill. For events that last over 3 hours there will be a $75.00 an hour charge applied the bill.
• General check-in begins at 3 p.m. and ends at 10 p.m. (special arrangements for early or late arrivals can be made)
• Check-out is by 11 a.m.
• Can host up to 11 overnight guests total
• Rates are based on double occupancy
• A credit card is required to hold rooms
• 1 cot is available for $20; $10 for children 12 years of age and under
• Off street parking is available; one car per room
• No pets, except those assisting the physically impaired
• Non-smoking facility
A credit card (Discover, Mastercard or Visa) is required to hold all bedrooms. If a reservation were cancelled within 1 week of the reservation date, then a charge of 50% of the room rate would be assessed to your credit card. For peak weekends, no cancellations/no refunds are allowed. A 50% deposit of the reservation rate will be charged to the credit card the day of the reservation. This is non-refundable.
How do I make a reservation?
Lodging inquires and reservations can now be made online directly. Note that we allow for bookings about 8 months in advance.
How do I book a special event?
To inquire about special events, please call the Parks Alumni House directly at 607-753-1561, send an e-mail to ParksAlumniHouse@cortland.edu.
Who can use the Parks Alumni House?
The facility is available for use and rental by the general public, as well as alumni and those individuals and organizations who have an official affiliation with SUNY Cortland.
Where is the Lynne Parks '68 SUNY Cortland Alumni House located?
The Parks Alumni House is located off campus at 29 Tompkins St., Cortland, N.Y. across the street from the YMCA.
Where do I park?
There is limited parking at the rear of the House for overnight guests and caterers only. Visitors and event guests may park along Tompkins Street.
What are the operational hours of the Parks Alumni House?
The building is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. year-round. For lodging, as well as evening and weekend events, a staff member is on duty.